Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Should I Stay Frum

I grew up Frum - In a frum community - first thing is I don't know how to write but I will do my best.... I am going through a hard time now figuring out what I wanna do. Should I stay frum? well technically I am not frum but the real question is - should I move away from the neighborhood or should I stay here? (My neighborhood represents a lot of pain. When I walk down the main avenue I become unhappy.)
Should I consider myself “secular” and strive to life a “secular” lifestyle or should I just be a frum person? Should I stay here or should I move away?

2 comments:

kisarita said...

Well as I wrote earlier, you should do what makes your heart sing. It sounds as if your neighborhood makes your heart sink. so get away fast.

Should you be frum or secular? That's a pseudo decision. Forget about the labels Take every day and every individual decision as it comes, without worrying on what label that choice sticks.

Just my two cents.

cmbc said...

Ummm... its not whether u stay frum or not. Its about the attitude. Should i embrace frumkeit because I feel its the best way to be? Or should I totally drop it, become apathetic, and not give my past a second glance? The opposite of love is not hate. Its one word. Apathy. You dont love G-d? Then at least hate him. That way you still have some form of relationship. What does Frum mean to you? Think about it. Does it mean restrictions? or does it mean Beauty. Yes, all frum communities have their flaws. Some more than others. But the bottom line is YOUR avodah to Hashem. Does it matter to you? It kinda should. He IS the one that created the world, and put you into existance. And yes, stay in your community if you can help it. Yeah, being in a state of disgust is bound to happen. Think about the positive things a frum community has that a secular one (or in most cases) doesnt.
Chesed and the feeling of familiarity to name a few. Wherever you go, to the side of you stands a sister ready to guide you.
Believe me. Its worth it.